Friday, March 10, 2006

UP CLOSE - One Man's Abortion Story

Ken Grandlund's blog article "One Man's Abortion Story" is a very poignant personal story that I highly suggest reading in full.

It is his very personally involved story on the issue of Abortion. It is both heart braking and heart warming. He ends with the following two paragraphs, which I leave you with.

I said earlier that I stand behind a woman’s right to choose. Behind, instead of beside, because they have the uterus and the matter affects them directly and not me. Behind so that I can beat back those who break through the front line, who manage to tear a hole in the wall that women have created to protect their rights. Behind, because that is where support is needed.

Every tale about abortion is personal, and I have never really talked about this part of my life in this detail. I don’t really think about it often, although the recent furor over abortion has forced this back to my mind, especially the current discussion here at this site. But when I do think about what happened all those years ago, I know that the choice we made, that she made, was the best choice at that time. Instead of ending one life, she saved three. And she was able to do so because the law said she could. It is a law to preserve the life of the living. It touches the foundations of freedom. And men, we should all fall in line behind our women and fight to make sure it remains that way.


Ladies, you are not alone.

No comments: