Friday, March 24, 2006

POLITICS - Lip Service, Talk of Rich-Poor Divide

From a fellow blogger, Paul Jordan Sr., on "Lip Service"

Edwards (ex-VP candidate, Dem) claims that poverty is something he is dedicated to fight, "regardless of any political ambitions."

"I've talked about it throughout my political career, and will continue to fight for it and talk about it whether I'm involved in politics or not,"

Here we go with the "talk" word again. Do the Democrats really not understand that "talk is cheap". Have we not had Poor George II to teach us that? Or is this simply a John Edwards thing? I don't know, but in either case, I think it is safe to say, for the moment and for "conversation's sake", "Lip Service", even on an academic level, is not going to get the Dem's any closer than last time. The "Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity". Well, he got the "Opportunity", but I fail to see the "Work". Maybe that's where the "Poverty" comes in?


In other words, when will the "talkers" get off their duff and DO something?

No comments: