Wednesday, September 08, 2010

COMMENT - My Posting Methods

This post is about the methods I use when posting, just in case there are questions my readers may have.

First, I always provide a URL link back to the source of my text IF there is one. The exceptions are sources like Usenet/Newsgroup text that have no link.

Second, you'll note that I quote (using a "blockquote" with the quote-icon + indent + color) the text I copy and paste into my blog. I also use "excerpt" to inform that the text is partial, not the full text from the source.

I also note if I have made changes to the original text, like "bold emphasis mine."

The one issue with my posts is how long I've been posting, since 2006. This means some links in my older posts MAY not work because it no longer exists or is no longer available. Example, some small newspapers archive articles and require for-fee access.

No comments: