Thursday, August 30, 2007

IRAQ - More From the Inside

These are excerpts to give you the gist, suggest you read her entire article

"More Sacrificial Lambs !" by Layla Anwar, An Arab Woman Blues, 8/29/2007

Excerpt

I had promised myself, I will stop writing for a few days at least. We all deserve a break, including me.

But how can I? Iraqis are not given a break. No respite whatsoever.So, it seems this is a luxury I cannot afford myself.

By Friday, all the British troops will have pulled out of Basrah. The Brits have effectively handed over the whole of Southern Iraq to shiite militias. Need I remind you that these militias are Iran's proxies in Iraq or do you get it by now?

Today Ahmadinajad stated the following :

"Iran is happy to fill the political vacuum in Iraq."

Today, Bush wagged his finger against Iran again, and Iran responded with more pavlovian drooling. Two dogs, a pitbull and a doberman barking at each other. Not more not less. Hear what Ahmadinajad has to say to that:

"He dismissed the possibility of any U.S. military action against Tehran, saying Washington had no plan and was not in a position to take such action."

Layla and Ahmadinajad may not be aware the our War President, Decider 'n Chief, Emperor Bush, believes that if he can start another war his legacy and the GOP will be saved. Hallelujah!

No comments: