Friday, November 12, 2010

POLITICS - Are Journalists Citizens With Constitutional Rights?

"Should Journalists Be Allowed to Make Campaign Contributions?"
PBS Newshour 11/10/2010

From transcript

KEITH OLBERMANN: I think we saw where the political contribution system is working for transparency in democracy and where it is failing transparency in democracy.

I made legal political contributions, as a U.S. citizen, near midnight Eastern on Thursday night, October 28. By 10:00 p.m. Eastern on Thursday night, November 4, those contributions were public knowledge. And that's the point. I gave, and you found out, and you judged me, for good or for ill, as you felt appropriate.

This is incomplete. The reset of the paragraph, which is MORE to the point...

"If I had given the money through U.S. Chamber of Commerce you would have never, ever, known."

No comments: