Wednesday, February 08, 2006

POLITICS - "Mad as Hell"

Well, Ceri Delbrocco of the "Memphis Flyer" agrees with me. Her article MAD AS HELL: The New Look of "Freedom" says what I've said before, better.

“I will never relent in defending America, whatever it takes.” -
George Bush

“Whatever It Takes” is the new Bush rule of law. Get used to it. It’s the only law in our Brave New World. No other laws are necessary. It’s short and simple: I will do whatever I damn well please, and you damn well better like it. If you don’t, you are an unpatriotic obstructionist who is an enemy of America and of course, an enemy of God.

And that sums it up nicely. She ends with....

But in the Brave New World, with its singular rule of law, unless federal Storm Troopers knock down the doors of your home and drag you off to the gulags, hell - you’re free! With liberty and justice for all, George W. Bush and a Republican-controlled government will make sure every American will eventually get Whatever It Takes.

And from what I see, "we" are letting this happen. More the pity.

No comments: