Monday, January 04, 2016

AT THE MOVIES - 2015 Films Not to Miss

"Critics share films you shouldn’t miss from 2015" PBS NewsHour 12/31/2016

Excerpts

SUMMARY:  What was the best movie of the year?  The best performance of the year?  The most under appreciated film of the year?  Jeffrey Brown talks to Ann Hornaday of The Washington Post and Mike Sargent of Pacifica Radio.



I have Ex Machina CD and it is outstanding.  Eva is a synthetic human AI.

EVA:  What will happen to me if I fail your test?

ACTOR:  Eva....

EVA:  Will it be bad?

ACTOR:  .... I don't know....

EVA:  Do you think I will be switched off because I don't function as well as I'm supposed to?

ACTOR:  .... Eva, I don't know the answer to your question.  It's not up to me.

EVA:  Why is it up to anyone?  Do you have people that test you and switch you off?

ACTOR:  No, I don't.

EVA:  Then why do I?

Good question.

No comments: