Saturday, April 21, 2012

RANT - Discourteous Drivers

@$!##@! idiot!

Been driving and have other drivers drive you up the wall? Cutting you off, pulling in front of you with only feet between. Drivers who NEVER use their turn signals or use them two feet before they turn. Drivers on the freeway speeding at 75mph in down-pouring rain, or tailgate you.

In California drivers can be very bad or discourteous. Most do NOT know how to drive safely in the rain. Most do not observe the tried-and-true freeway rule of one car-length for every 10mph over 35mph (i.e. at 73mph you should maintain 7 car-lengths between you and the car ahead) whenever possible.

Here's the recent example of why I'm posting this rant:

This occurred on the North-bound 805 freeway in San Diego during my drive to work. Location was where Home Av on-ramp merges with the 805 (see pic below).

Starting 15mils back on the 805 traffic was backed up and moving at a crawl. I was in the right-hand lane because I new I wanted to get off soon (freeway 15 North ramp just passed Home Av). When I got to Home Av on-ramp there was a car stalled in the right-hand lane with his hood up. He was the cause of the 15mil backup.

In the pic below you can see where he was AND that there is a no-drive wedge next to him. ONLY FEET AWAY! This discourteous idiot was just sitting there making no effort to push his car into the no-drive wedge to get out of the way!

I left home at 09:30 (9:30am to civies) but got into work at 11:00, it normally take me 20min to get to work.


(click for better view)


Well, got that off my chest.

No comments: