Monday, August 17, 2009

HEALTHCARE - Letter to the Editor

"GOP call didn’t fool regular folk" BlueRidgeNow 8/16/2009

To The Editor: Today I received a phone call from something called the “Americans for Prosperity” read by Charlotte mayor Pat McCrory about “keeping the government’s hands off my health care.”

Do these Republican elitists think regular folks are so easily fooled? On behalf of their pals in the health care/insurance industry they try to scare people that health care reform will “put the government between you and your doctor.”

Well, guess what? That position between me and my doctor? Already taken! Yup, big insurance/managed health care industry is already between me and my doctor. They charge out the wazoo, then when you are sick out come all the “Gotchas!”

They have no problem denying procedures that my doctor deems important. “Prosperity?” Only for McCrory’s big business buddies who only care about their bottom line, not my health.

The real tipoff with these guys is Medicare. For all the ballyhooing I hear from Republicans I would think droves of them would stand right up and decline to participate in that program.

Heck, there are conscientious objectors to war, where are the conscientious objectors to taking Medicare? Oh, I forgot, they’d like to turn Medicare over to their “prosperous” buddies too!

Landen Gailey

Hendersonville

Bold emphsis, mine
At least Landen sees the truth.

No comments: