Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LEAST WE FORGET - The Middle Place

"Kelly Corrigan's Living in The Middle Place" by Ashely Van Buren, The Huffington Post Blogs

The following is an excerpt


Six months into having my daughter, I realized I was in this middle place. Everything I was feeling after my daughter's birth compelled me to call my mother and tell her how sorry I was for everything. I remember saying to her, 'I didn't know. I didn't know how much you loved me and how attached you were. I didn't know how much it hurt you when I was hurt. I could have spared you so much agony.' I feel really bonded to my mom now; this is the closest we've ever been. I find myself making the same choices she made raising us. Before you become a parent, you just cannot believe someone loves you the way these people love you. And that's the heart of it. Your husband may love you, your kids may love you, but there is no one who will ever love you the way your parents love you. And you don't know that until you're a parent.

We all need to remember, in these hard times, that there is love out there. All we need do is turn our eyes and look.

Ashely's full article is worth the read. It will lighten your heart.

No comments: