Thursday, June 07, 2007

ON THE LIGHT SIDE - A Street Sweeper's Tale

"A Street Sweeper's Tale" by Bruiser, Comedy Goldmine, SA Forums

When I burned out of college in spring of 2006, I found myself needing cash in the worst kind of way. I was flipping through the newspaper when I found an ad that read:

"Sweeper Vac Driver needed. 3rd shift only"

and gave subsequent contact info. I'm really great doing over night work and decided that I'd give it a shot. I arrive at the office, fill out an application, and before I walked out of the door I was given the job and told to report for training the following evening.

So, I reported to the office the following evening... and had the weirdest/craziest/funniest 8 months of my life. I was hoping to share a story or two with you guys. If you like 'em, I've got TONS.

  • Stopping a robbery
  • Incorrectly thinking some guy was dead
  • Screwing with ricers
  • Helping the 5 - 0 bust a tranny hooker
  • and more than I can remember

And there is much more in this forum thread, a good laugh.

No comments: