Tuesday, January 30, 2007

RELIGION - Talking to God

"Talking to God" by Milt Shook

OK, Milt's article is a tong-in-cheek view of God and religion. Here is an excerpt....

I spoke to the Lord a few years back, when the threshold was only $100 million and the dollar limit was $10, and He told me that He probably wouldn't let me win the lottery at all, but he most certainly wouldn't let me win when I wasted my money like that. He told me the only money I would likely receive in my lifetime would be money I earned by working my ass off. (And yes, he used the word "ass." That surprised me, too, but in all of my discussions with him, God is actually quite earthy in his tone; once, I actually had to ask him to stop using certain language around my young nephew. He just laughed, however, and advised me that they were only words, and that those who claim He had a problem with them are talking out of their asses, because He really doesn't care.) He told me to take special note of the types of people who win those jackpots, and asked me if I really wanted to be like them. When I said yes and called Him a selfish bastard, He smited me -- it was just a minor smite, mind you, on my butt, nothing serious -- so I apologized and immediately adjusted my lottery spending habits.

....there's much more and suggested reading.

One comment for Milt, he may want to invest in a bunker somewhere and move in. If enough Christian Zealots read his article, he may need it.

No comments: